Sunday, July 22, 2012

POSTCARD CHALLENGE weeek 29~IRELAND

HOW APPROPRIATE DARCY PICKED MY MOTHER'S HOMELAND THE NEXT WEEK AFTER VISITING MY FATHER'S HOMELAND OF GERMANY LAST WEEK?...
IRELAND IS SUCH  A LAND OF BEAUTY AND A MYSTERY. IT HOLDS SO MANY LEGENDS ABOUT  FAIRIES, LEPRECHAUNS, RAINBOWS AND POTS OF GOLD, LUCKY 4 LEAF CLOVERS AND THE "BLARNEY STONE".  I CHOSE TO INCORPORATE A LOT OF THOSE THINGS IN MY WORK THIS WEEK ; BUT MY  MAIN SUBJECT WAS SLANE CASTLE- MOST PEOPLE KNOW OF SLANE CASTLE DUE TO MANY GREAT ROCK CONCERTS HELD THERE SINCE 1981- THE CASTLE HAS A NATURAL 80,000 SEAT AMPHITHEATRE,THEREFORE THE LIKES OF U2, ROLLING STONES,MADONNA AND MANY OTHER CLASSIC ACTS HAVE PERFORMED THERE TO SOLD OUT CONCERTS!

FRONT OF CARD
This card was based on a poster from a
Rolling Stones concert held at Slane Castle.
Many Irish symbols are zentangled into the
background - Such as the Harp (national symbol of Ireland)-
Trinity Knot (many meanings  such as Past, Present & Future or
Spirit, Mind & Body or Power, Intellect & Love)-
the 4 Leaf clover or Shamrock  (which means Respect,
Wealth, Love and Health)
Done in pen  and copic markers.

BACK OF CARD
 CORRESPONDENCE

"Alexander,
Where are you? It's been almost a month since 
I last heard from you~
Did you get lost in American?
When I left Germany I went to Ireland -
Kissed the Blarney Stone hoping it would bring
me 'GOOD LUCK' in returning my memory.
So frustrating but with  each day I'm having
some flashes of  my visit to Austria -
I figured out who "Rueben was" - I think it's
Peter Paul Ruben from the Kunst
Historches Museum- Anyways I
hope it is his images that make me  make
me scream his name out in my dreams...
Melite"
 PAGE IN BOOK
Started the page out by making a background of a
Irish Tartan print using Pan Pastels(hard to see)
Next I included images of a Celtic Cross (found from a
travel ad to visit Ireland put out by TWA in the 50's)
Then an image of Slane Castle is found on the left mid section of the page.
The cute couple were added showing the traditional  dress of
Irish people . The "handsome" guy is wearing a  formal Irish tartan
Kilt and Sporran (the patterns of the tartan determines their family lineage
or what part of Ireland they are from) The lady is wearing a corseted gown that is
probably made from heavy wool or velvet!.

COMPLETED PAGE

SO HARD TO BELIEVE ANOTHER WEEK IS DONE -
 MELITE AND ALEXANDER  ARE STILL
COMMUNICATING ABOUT A MEETING THEY HAD
6 MONTHS AGO THAT ONLY 1 PERSON CAN REMEMBER-
OH WELL HOPEFULLY THIS WILL CHANGE SOON...

HAPPY CREATING THIS WEEK

FOTOJOY/JOYCE



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and page, love how you have incorporated all the symbols into the card! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie,
      Thank you for leaving the wonderful comments.

      Delete
  2. a great postcard and page. A lot of work has gone into it. well done..a good story line as well.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mags Thank you so much for the kind words- Yes the story line is progressing....

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous artwork again Joyce, and love the way you keep just dripping information :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep a little drip each week makes all of our interests peak...
      Once again Thank You for leaving such wonderful comments each week

      Delete
  4. Fabulous artwork. Love the Slane Castle design - many happy memories of the Rolling Stones. I reckon Melite has had too much schnapps.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I never thought to make Melite a drunk uh?....
      Thanks again for the kind words each week!

      Delete
  5. fabulous card, love the tangled images in the background. I am always impressed with the work you put into your cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darcy thank you -like I said before-this challenge is making me art weekly -and I'm tyring out lots of new technics too. SO Thank You for allowing us to participate in it!

      Delete