Monday, August 6, 2012

POST CARD CHALLENGE Week 31~DENMARK

Well this week has been more difficult than last- Especially when I got home today to find out my posting did not post correctly ; therefore I'm entering the whole update tonight ! So Sorry for asking everyone to check out my blog a second time this week!

While researching  Denmark I found out  a few interesting facts about the country. First of all, did you know Denmark is "The HAPPINESS Country in the WORLD"? Secondly it was once known as a "Land of Many colors" - Thirdly Denmark is home to Legoland, Tivoli park ( reminds me of the modern day amusement park with lots of famous artwork mixed in )-Denmark has the world's biggest population of cyclist and of course they eat many strange foods such as smoked Eels (yuck!) I mostly thought of Denmark being cold , land of vikings , dragons, mermaids and the place where Hans Christian Anderson wrote about. Boy was I wrong -it really is a beautiful and colorful country. So with that in mind I wanted to make a colorful card and page.

FRONT OF CARD
This card is based on a travel ad from the 1930's -
How much more colorful could a sunset be than this?
Done in copic markers

BACK OF CARD
Correspondence:
My Dear Alexander,
So I hope while you were on your "Mission"you received my cards?
Am I correct in who Ruben was?
Because I'm still having visions of dark rooms and I'm not sure if this is my answer.
Anyways I stopped in Denmark (Copenhagen is so colorful and friendly!),
to check on purchasing sheep for my farm (no luck)-
Are you heading close to my home soon?
I miss you and long to have a deep conversation with you ! 
Until we meet  soon,
Melite"

PAGE IN BOOK

Lots of color here - First of all the sky, pier,
water and ships were done in water colors.
It is  Nyhavn Pier in the Copenhagen region.
(very  unique and colorful entry to a town).
Many of these buildings are restaurants & cafes.
Most photos  I found of this area was crowded 
 with lots of people strolling Hand-in-hand
(remember Happiest country). The buildings were
done in Prismacolor colored pencils. The title
of the page is in tribute to Legoland- I found a
Lego font and spelled out Denmark.
For good luck I added the flag of Denmark too.

COMPLETED PAGE


WELL SORRY For the technical issues this week -
Also  Thanks to everyone  for all the positive
 support these last 32 weeks-
Can't wait to view all the cards
from this week!

Happy Creating !
Fotojoy /Joyce

 



10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous art on both card and page, Joyce!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Abby - Just saw your work -Wonderful job too!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic card and page Joyce :D I didn't know about the "happiness" thing either, makes you smile just thinking about it :D. Great to hear Melite is trying to take control of the situation, meeting up with Alex my jog her memories to the surface :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Gina I agree it's time she get to the bottom of the "Austria" event...
      Thanks for leaving the wonderful comment

      Delete
  3. a great card, what wonderful colours. on your card and page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Mags- Nice to read you comments each week!

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love your colourful backgrounds, they really sing! And a masseur who could massage away calories would really be good, huh? HUgs, Valerie, Cissie & Co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wonderful praise- I'm so loving this challenge even 32 weeks later!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful card, love how you have coloured your postcard scene and the page.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen thank you for the kind comment- Lets keep this challenge strong for the rest of the year!

      Delete