Friday, November 23, 2012

WEEK 47 PC Challenge~JAMAICA

Yep I did IT! I stayed on track this week and even posted the post card challenge on a Friday!

The delightful country we visited this week  was Jamaica - The land of rum, Margaritaville, dreadlocks, bobsled teams , beautiful turquoise water, amazing beaches, and Yes something called Reggae.
 But not all of Jamaica is beautiful, it is a very  poor&  improvised country. BUT a PROUD Country; and  do they love to have a good time, by partying late into the morning with lots of food and  wonderful music. Majority of their income is based on tourist flocking to the beaches.

Picking a subject for my card wasn't so easy, (because I kept thinking of so many things to use); so I just did a bunch of   uniquely Jamaican  things on my page. 


FRONT of CARD

FIRST of All -I must Confess I LOVE BUTTERFLIES!
So when I kept seeing
 this  butterfly on Jamaican souvenir  clothing -
I knew I had to use that theme for my card.
First of sprayed 3 colors of Dylusional Spray on watercolor paper.
Then I drew the outline of the butterfly & outlined  it in Pitt marker.
To get  the coloring of  the Jamaica flag more pronounced ,
I painted certain areas with more Dylusional Spray;
directly from the bottle with a paint brush.
 
 
BACK of CARD
 
Correspondence :
 
"My Loving Alexander,
Since we last meet in Monaco,
I went to Jamaica to soak up some sun before heading
home to Greece. I miss You so much; but knowing "WE"
will be together once Reuben & Pierre are
punished for their crimes, brings me much PEACE!
You know the locals in Jamaica really know how
to relax and party. I bought you a dreadlocks hat-
Can't wait to see you in it-
Do you think we can spend Christmas together?
Love,
Melite"
 
 
PAGE in BOOK
 
Process of the page:
First I had to figure out where to place PC on page.(top)
Next I drew the Country name, divided it out
 to represent the Jamaica flag and colored with Pitt markers.
I drew the frog next-(remembered seeing one on-line
wearing a Beret with dreadlocks) and he was colored with Pitt markers.
Colored the background with 3 shades of yellow & green
PanPastelles. Stenciled geometric shapes with orange pastelle.
Found the image of Bob Marley and palm trees  online-
The last image is a DOCTOR BIRD-  the national bird.
He was drawn and painted with twinkling H2O's-
such a gorgeous iridescent bird so he really
is very iridescent & shiny (pic bad).
 
 COMPLETED PAGE
 
 
 
Well this week, it felt SO GOOD to stay on track
and get some colorful art work done. Gonna work on finishing a few of missed
postcards yet this weekend so Check back!
 
HAPPY CREATING !
 
Fotojoy/Joyce




4 comments:

  1. Wonderful work and really interesting to read what you used to create the effect, love the intensity of the colours! M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background behind the butterfly you have represented the flag colours beautifully.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done for being on time......great work, beautiful colours you have used...

    ReplyDelete